In this episode, we talk about why Walt Disney chose to include a castle in his kingdoms and where did the Imagineers look to for inspiration in designing each castle.
Connecting with Walt will be an “event” podcast. Several times a year, a new show will be released every Friday for an entire month. This July, expect 5 episodes of Connecting with Walt and we will be back in November with more new episodes!
07/15/16 – Castles Built with Dreams:
[mp3j track="Download Mp3@http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3/1e2e79e255ccc28ed3b5-b1ba41d1b6747fad37f0bce4c2f4a6db.r39.cf1.rackcdn.com/connectingwithwalt017-071516-castles-built-with-dreams.mp3" volslider="y"]
- CONNECTING WITH WALT MERCHANDISE!!!
- DIS Unplugged App on iTunes
- DIS Unplugged App on the Google Play Store
- DIS Unplugged App on the Amazon Android Appstore
Books and Articles in this episode:
- Theme Park Design & The Art of Themed Entertainment by David Younger
- The Imagineering Field Guide to Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World by Imagineers
- The Unofficial Disneyland 1955 Companion: The Anecdotal Story of the Birth of the Happiest Place on Earth by Jim Korkis
- The Imagineering Field Guide to Disneyland by Imagineers
- The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World: Over 600 Secrets of the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and Disney’s Animal Kingdom by Susan Veness
Social Media Links:
Follow Michael and Craig on Social Media!